Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
Released in 1993, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father is the first game in the Gabriel Knight series, a trilogy of adventure computer games published by Sierra in the 1990s.
Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers is a point-and-click adventure game focused on the character Gabriel Knight who finds out that he belongs to a long line of shadow hunters; people who hunt down those who use supernatural powers to hurt the innocent.
Sins of the Fathers was written, co-designed and directed by Jane Jensen, who developed the game together with the experienced game designer Roberta Williams. Jensen´s husband Robert Holmes composed music for the game.
The game had a notable cast of voice actors which included well-known names such as Tim Curry, Leah Remini, Mark Hamill, Michael Dorn, and Efrem Zimbalist, Jr.
- Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers is a point-and-click adventure game.
- It is played from a third-person perspective.
The story unfolds over a sequence of days, and a required set of actions must be carried out before the player can proceed to another day.
There are both mandatory challenges and optional challenges. A running score keeps track of challenges that have been completed.
The icon bar contains cursors, inventory button, recorder button, the active inventory item window, score, controls button, and help button.
This game does not have modern context-sensitive cursors. Instead, the player is required to select the right cursor for the specific interaction with an object on the screen.
Available standard cursors: WALK, LOOK, ASK, TALK, PICKUP, OPEN/CLOSE, OPERATE, MOVE
Certain inventory items can also be used as cursors.
Short facts about the game
|December 17, 1993 for the North American market
John E. Grayson
|Stuart M. Rosen
|Terrence C. Falls
- Tim Curry – Gabriel Knight (Curry also voiced the Butler)
- Leah Remini – Grace Nakimura
- Mark Hamill – Detective Mosely (Hamill also voiced the Jeep Driver)
- Virginia Capers – Narrator
- Leilani Jones – Malia Gedde
- Linda Gary – Gary voiced both Grandma Knight and Tetelo
- Michael Dorn – Dr. John
- Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. – Wolfgang Ritter
- Mary Kay Bergman – Gerde Hull, Old Lady, Little Boy
- Rocky Carroll – Willy Walker, Graveyard watchman
- Monte Markham – Prof. Hartridge, Bartender
- Dorian Harewood – Watchman Toussaint Gervais
- Nancy Lenehan – Magentia Moonbeam
- Chris Lytton – Crash
- Susan Silo – Madame Cazanoux
- Stuart M. Rosen – Priest, Beignet Vendor, Phone guy #5
- Jim Cummings – Desk Sgt. Frick, Gunter Ritter, the Dragon, Muscleman, Band leaders
- Jeff Bennett – Sam Singleton, Uniform officer, Motorcycle Cop, Bruno, Technical artist, Dog vendor